Birch Meadow 5th Grade
Class of 2017
Backpack Weight Solutions
What Is Differentiation?
Healthy Snack List
Compare & Contrast
Spelling and Vocabulary
Workshop Current Events
Birchie Fifth Grade Math Site
Online Resources & References
Fifth Grade Birchie Math Site
Anytime Skill Practice & Games
Age of Exploration
Living Museum / American Revolution
Know Atom Readers - Narrated Versions
Engineering Design Process Challenges
Rocks & Minerals
Ecosystems Test Study Materials
Magnet Study Points
Forms of Energy
Journey North Daylight Mystery Class
Compare & Contrast 101
1. Watch & listen to the tutorial on Compare and Contrast above.
2. On the sheet, write down your own definition for the terms.
3. List at least 1 example of two items that you would be interested in analyzing the similarities and differences.
---------------------- STOP HERE---------------------
Think through the following activities to practice
looking for similarities and differences:
1. Alike and Differences Show What You Know!
Read the candy labels and try to find the similarities and differences
3. Compare clothing labels
alt or Fresh!
1. Click here to read the passage
2. Complete the Venn Diagram or Comparison Chart on Saltwater Ecosystem and Fresh Water Ecosystem
3. Bring to class
the following morning.
**IF you have a problem reading the passage online, come to class at 8:00 am sharp.
Printable organizer to C & C book and a movie
Create a free website