Birch Meadow 5th Grade
Class of 2015
What is Independence?
Blog: What is working for you?
5th Grade Homework Policy
Backpack Weight Solutions
What Is Differentiation?
Healthy Snack List
Why we LOVE Weebly...
Research-Based Homework Guidelines
SDL - Thrively Trial
Book Talk Club
Valentines Class List
Room 16 Information
Recreational Reading Program
Compare & Contrast
Spelling and Vocabulary
Workshop Current Events
Coding for the Computer!
Online Resources & References
Math Fact Practice
Anytime Skill Practice & Games
Estimation & Computation, Conversions
Order of Operations
Functions, patterns & algebra
Addition & Subtraction of Integers (Positive & Negative Whole Numbers)
Adding & Subtracting Fractions
More Adding and Subtracting Fractions-PLAY!
Properties of 2-D figures
Area, Perimeter & Volume
More Geometry Play
Coordinate Grids, Graphing, & Landmarks
Age of Exploration
Living Museum / American Revolution
Engineering Design Process Challenges
Ecosystems Test Study Materials
Magnet Study Points
Forms of Energy
Journey North Daylight Mystery Class
Compare & Contrast 101
1. Watch & listen to the tutorial on Compare and Contrast above.
2. On the sheet, write down your own definition for the terms.
3. List at least 1 example of two items that you would be interested in analyzing the similarities and differences.
---------------------- STOP HERE---------------------
Think through the following activities to practice
looking for similarities and differences:
1. Alike and Differences Show What You Know!
Read the candy labels and try to find the similarities and differences
3. Compare clothing labels
alt or Fresh!
1. Click here to read the passage
2. Complete the Venn Diagram or Comparison Chart on Saltwater Ecosystem and Fresh Water Ecosystem
3. Bring to class
the following morning.
**IF you have a problem reading the passage online, come to class at 8:00 am sharp.
Printable organizer to C & C book and a movie
Start your own free website
A surprisingly easy drag & drop site creator.